Listening, learning, and amplifying the voices of the LGBTQIA+ community will be the focus for Insightly this month. We’re excited to join in the celebration of Pride.
What is Pride Month? Why June?
According to the US Library of Congress, “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) Pride Month is currently celebrated each year in the month of June to honor the 1969 Stonewall Uprising in Manhattan. The Stonewall Uprising was a tipping point for the Gay Liberation Movement in the United States. In the United States the last Sunday in June was initially celebrated as “Gay Pride Day,” but the actual day was flexible. In major cities across the nation the “day” soon grew to encompass a month-long series of events.”
At Insightly, it is our goal to celebrate Pride, not only in June, but in day to day life. For Pride Month 2022, there is a specific line-up of activities and engagements to honor and celebrate the LGBTQIA+ community, with the intention of carrying that sentiment with us throughout the rest of the year.
Voices of Pride at Insightly
This is what Pride looks like at Insightly:
“Pride month is a great opportunity to celebrate and reflect on the progress that’s been made by the LGBTQ+ community and our allies. I’ve been out for over 20 years. Sharing your unique worldview at work is a powerful way to live with authenticity and integrity. Insightly is incredibly supportive of everyone bringing their whole self to work and celebrates the importance of diverse perspectives.” – Melinda, Director of Product Marketing
“Insightly is the most welcoming and accepting company I’ve ever worked for. Insightly doesn’t just tell me it’s okay to be different, they empower me to be my truest self.” – Christian, Account Executive
“I’m new to Insightly, but I’ve had a blast so far. As an out queer man in 2022, it’s more important than ever to feel both accepted and celebrated at home and at work. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting so many people here that have shown me all that and more. So far so good!” – Harryson, Customer Marketing Manager
How Insightly is celebrating
Here are the initiatives we have planned for Pride Month and beyond. During Pride Month, we will:
- Disseminate information to our team that will include brief history & facts, LGBTQIA+ TV shows, movies, books, playlists, etc.
- Share ways for our global workforce to show support within their local communities, charities to donate to, and some other educational tips/resources
- Host a free virtual community event called Ask Me Anything: Allyship in the Workplace, led by expert advocate Tiq Milan
- Dedicate the June issue of our company newsletter to Pride month information and resources
- Provide resources and promote use of gender-neutral language
- Provide a variety of Zoom background options celebrating Pride month
- Share the voices of our LGBTQIA+ team members and allies in social media posts
- Host a Pride trivia event
Most importantly, during this month we will listen to the LGBTQIA+ community to learn how to provide support year round.
What is your company doing for Pride month? Tell us how we can get better!